Thanks to WQAD for the video.
Chef Scott heads the Culinary Arts program at Scott Community College. Find out about the program at www.eicc.edu/culinary.
It’s time to make a dish that fits in with the heart healthy campaign, yet it’s upscale.
“I’ve got some beautiful salmon fillets and some lump crabs,” explains Chef Brad Scott, director of Scott Community College’s Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management Center.
It’s an easy recipe to follow:
- Take 1/4 cup Mazola cooking oil and brush lightly onto the fillets
- Brush inside of the skillet with Mazola cooking oil
- Put 4 inch filet (per person) onto the skillet onto medium heat
- Put 2 oz of asparagus into mixing bowl
- Add 2 Tbsp of Mazola cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add a touch of tarragon
- Mix so the oil coats the asparagus
- Add to the skillet
“The thing about the (Mazola) corn oil is it only picks up the flavors you put in. It doesn’t add flavor to itself,” said Chef Scott.
- Flip the salmon allowing asparagus to continue cooking
- Make the sauce with 1/4 cup of Mazola corn oil into mixing container to make a roux
- Add 1/4 cup corn starch
- Whip in 1/4 cup of flour
- Add 1 cup skim milk
- Add 2 Tbsp of tarragon
- Add 1 Tbsp of minced garlic
- Take salmon out of the skillet to let it rest on a serving plate
- Remove asparagus
- Keep fond on the base of the skillet
- Add 2 oz per person of lump crab
- Add the mixed roux into the skillet, mixing the roux, fond, and crab together to make a Bearnaise sauce
- Raise the heat
- Plate the salmon, add Bearnaise sauce
- Add asparagus
“And we have a beautiful heart health meal,” says Chef Scott.
title of fishing video CHEF SCOTT: Heart healthy Salmon Oscar
Fishing video duration : 3:35
video fishing about when grilling salmon do you flip it
tag video fishing :
this video when grilling salmon do you flip it has been views : 143 on YT
Watch Fishing Video On Youtube